TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY ANY SPORT AT Corinth Holders HS
(These are the guidelines of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association) -
be eligible for tryouts, practice, or participation in interscholastic
athletic contests, a player must meet all North Carolina High School
Athletic Association (NCHSAA) and Johnston County Schools (JCS)
eligibility requirements and policies:
• Must not participate if he/she becomes 19 years of age on or before August 31, 2011.
• Must follow NCHSAA rules, which have an 85% attendance requirement for the previous semester and includes all absences. (that
that in a 90 day semester you can not miss more than 13 days, excused
or unexcused, and having days waived does not count)
• JCS requires the athlete to be counted present for the school day in order to participate in activities or practices.
A student, upon first entering grade nine (9), is academically eligible
for competition on high school teams. All requirements must be
met the first semester (fall) in order for this student to be eligible for athletic participation the second semester (spring).
• Must meet promotion requirements at their school to be eligible for the fall semester.
Must earn passing grades in three subjects for 4-block schedule
schools, during each semester, in order to be eligible for participation
during the succeeding semester.
• Must participate at the school to which he or she is assigned by the local board of education based on the residence
of the parent or legal custodian within the administrative unit. The athlete must live with the parents or legal custodian.
Must receive a medical examination (physical) once every 365 days by a
duly licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant.
(to play on August 2 you must have had a physical within the past 365
Other NCHSAA Requirements
• Must not have more than 8 semesters in High School.
• Must not participate at the high school level for more than four seasons in that sport (one season per year).
Must not be convicted of a felony in this or any other state, or
adjudicated as a delinquent for an offense that would be a felony if
committed by an adult in this or any other state.